Under the direction of the Demand Planning Manager, the Supply Planner position oversees inventory and co-manufacture supply planning responsibilities for assigned plants and/or co-packers. Maintains capacity plans, production schedules and/or finite schedules to ensure the efficient delivery of inventory, fill rates and cost objectives. Responsibilities also include minimizing inventory spoilage/overstocks. Identifies ways to improve supply planning processes and tools for assigned areas. Provides supply planning expertise to the commercialization of new products or resolution of key inventory shortage issues.
1. Accountable for successful collaboration with Sales and Co-manufacturers to prioritize and deliver products and services that meet or exceed the business needs.
2. Develop detailed understanding of manufacturing constraints and capabilities of the manufacturing locations being planned.
3. Proactively communicate with production facilities as well as Sales, Marketing, Demand Planning and Customer Service. Keep all affected parties apprised of potential problems or issues impacting the business.
4. Oversees inventory and supply planning responsibilities for assigned co-manufacturers.
5. Utilize systems to proactively identify and communicate key drivers and proposed solutions to service and inventory issues.
6. Ensure successful 'Promotion' execution by utilizing effective planning processes, system set-up, and communication with the cross functional teams.
7. Collaborate with Demand Planning to translate S&OP forecasts to SKU level supply plans.
8. Proactively identify and communicate key drivers and proposed solutions to service and inventory issues.
9. Assess current inventory levels and forecasts to make appropriate business decisions that minimize costs and achieve corporate working capital and service level objectives.
10. Track plant/business performance (KPIs) to the established supply chain plan.
Other Responsibilities Include:
11. Identifies ways to improve supply planning processes and tools for assigned areas
12. Perform other supply planning duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance or another analytical field preferred or equivalent experience. MBA is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years supply planning, demand planning, or operations experience preferred in a CPG environment.
• APICS certified (American Production Inventory Certification Society) a plus.
• Strong analytical and communication skills and technical knowledge.
• Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning and / or supply planning.
• Experience with supply planning software; knowledge of SAP or JD Edwards a plus.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Constant computer work
• Frequent analysis
• Open office environment