Under the general direction of the Director of Product Management, responsible for leading the development and execution of product plans and innovation strategy for assigned product lines. This includes management of the product line-up, packaging, pricing, channel management, and promotion.
1. Build marketing strategies and tactics for product lines that support company objectives and drive trial and growth.
2. Develop Innovation strategy and multi-year new product roadmap that is consumer and customer-driven.
3. Lead cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and timely execution of new and existing product and packaging driven initiatives assigned.
4. Identify and address actionable consumer insights and product gaps through market research and retail analysis.
5. Develop and maintain product line forecasts. Provide regular business updates on performance vs. plan, and make necessary adjustments to deliver against initial plan commitments.
6. Analyze syndicated retail data, dissect business results, and recommend the right programs to address business needs.
7. Work with R&D and Sales to deliver best-in-class products and sales materials
8. Responsible for improving gross margins without sacrificing product quality or company values.
9. Successfully manage Associate Product Manager to ensure successful on-boarding and career development
• Bachelors degree in Business/Marketing
• 3-5 years experience with product/brand management in a consumer packaged goods industry
• Strong product portfolio management skills; experience with new product process/management a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, motivate and influence across levels.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and financial analysis skills.
• Proven financial acumen as it relates to P&L/margin and pricing fundamentals
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines through diligent project management
• Must exhibit a passion for food and the company’s vision, mission and values
• Proficient with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and PPT)
• Small, fast paced, socially responsible, and entrepreneurial environment
• Constant attention to detail
• Travel – 10% -20%